Sunday, February 11, 2007

Texan ready for Alaska?


Am I ready? Today I tried on my outer layer Alaska gear: wind-proof, insulated parka, -40 waterproof boots with thermal liners, wool socks with sock liners, gloves with liners, fleece scarf, and Iditarod hat. I just couldn't bear to put on my thermal underwear. I will just have to test them under actual conditions. My adventure to Anchorage will begin in a little more than two weeks! My third graders will be busy this week painting their life-size huskies for our Iditarod mural. Needless to say, we are all getting excited for the 2007 Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, great picture Aunt Chris! And good job with the blog, it looks really nice and I can't wait to hear how the trip goes! Good luck and stay warm, it looks like you will!
Leslie

Bubba said...

Nice outfit. The irony was not lost that you're posing in front of a palm tree. LOL!! Looking forward to updates!! Doug

Unknown said...

We will be following your adventure from Philadelphia. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
Cousin Patty