Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Iditarod Communications Headquarters




On the first floor of the Millennium Hotel near the Anchorage airport are guest rooms transformed into "communications central" for the Iditarod Race. This is where the official messages come in about the progress of the mushers. All race information updated on the websites comes from this room. I think Zuma must have been around, because a box of pizza was delivered shortly after I took one of these pictures. I didn't see Zuma, but there was a dog cage next to the door with a husky puppy yipping and yapping. (Read Zuma's Paw Prints on iditarod.com under "Teachers." I am glad I am a teacher, because, when you tell anyone you are a teacher, they let you see everything. They will stop and chat anytime. They know that you are spreading the joy of this race around the USA.

I took a photo of the official statistics board located in the lobby of the hotel on Monday morning 3/5 , approximately eighteen hours after the race started on Sunday afternoon.

No comments: